Friday, May 26, 2006

Don't you just hate beign stupid?

For a while now I've been thinking about how to listen to my iPod through speakers. I've thought about the Bose SoundDock (too expensive) and the Apple iPod speakers thing (way too expensive) and then one day it occured to me; just plug the iPod into my surround sound stereo connected to the television.

I connected up an RCA to mini-plug cable in the back of the amplifier, and plugged it into the headphone jack of the iPod, and stuck the iPod in it's charging cradle next to the stereo.

It worked okay; but I had to crank up the amp to get good volume due to the headphone output being lower than line output, and the stereo isn't the biggest and best; fine for movies, but it seems to lack something for music...

Anyway, I had that set up for the last week, and was generally happy with it. This evening I was moving the cradle from the computer back to beside the stereo - the cradle works both as a charger and as the connector to the computer when updating the iPod - when I noticed on the back of the cradle a little mini-plug labelled "line-out."

Well duh! The stereo works much better with that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home