Friday, September 26, 2008

Obama/McCain debate Part II

abcNews is telling us that this is the big one! They'll have nine minutes for each question??? OMG...I'll never survive.

Here we go. Jim Lehrer looks Presidentail.

Says it's going to be about forign affairs and security (and hehe economices)

The audience has promised to remain silent...no cheers or noise of any kind...we'll see if that survives.

Out they come. Shake hands. McCain looks very white.

Lehrer is beginning with a quote from Eisenhower about the importance of economic security...so where do you stand on the economic recovery package.

Obama: we at a defining moment in our history. Worst moment since the Great Depression. (Holy S&*t!!!)

He's saying we need oversight and chance to get money back and all the usual stuff. I think he looks Presidential....oh, and he just said this is the result of eight years of bad stuff by George Bush supported by McCain. Ouch!!!!

McCain: "got to fix the greatest problem I've seen...and I've been around a long time." This isn't the beginning of the end of the crises, it's the end of the beginning (have I heard that before somewhere.)

So they spoke, and I'm not sure exactly what either of them thinks the solution should be. Lehrer pushed Obama and he starts talking about how we got into this mess.

Then he asks McCain if he's going to vote for "this plan" and he said "I hope so." And is now talking about another Eisenhower story. He's talking about the loss of accountability...

I think they both avoided it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home