Monday, September 11, 2006

Am I too nice?

I think my problem is that I have been too nice.

For the first couple of months I didn't really worry; I figured things would be sorted out sooner or later so I just asked for them to send me the copy of the statements and waited. Also, the statements didn't even have a 'minimum amount' that needed to be paid. So why worry? Surely they'd get this straightened out in a few weeks.

But then five months went by and nothing changed.

When, in frustration, I sent a letter to the Billing Complaints Dept, I toyed with the idea of cc'ing the State Attorney General and Senator Kennedy's office. But even then I decided that was going too far, too fast.

Then they started demanding some kind of payment. They increased the interest rate and kept adding Late Charges. At this rate, by December I figure that a $900 charge will have turned into a $1,600 charge. And you thought a 20% interest rate was high!


So now the gloves are off! The Collections Department is calling me every other day, they still have not provided statements in over six months, and I'm just annoyed. No one seems to be able, or interested, in solving the problem. And I'm starting to take it out on the Customer Service people.

I'm sending a new letter to Corporate, and I'm going to cc the Attorney General, Senator Kennedy, and anyone else I can think of.


I was listening to NPRs business news show MarketPlace this evening, and was reminded that they have people on doing commentaries about different things. Maybe I could do a commentary about incompetent credit card companies? Or maybe incompetent customer service? Or both?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home