Sunday, September 10, 2006

It's Sunday evening...

It's Sunday evening at 9 o'clock. Time for CitiCorp/Citibank/Citi whatever Collections Department to call me and find out if I want to make a payment.

"You're account is past due $320. Do you want to pay that now?"

"No," I say.

"Well how much do you want to pay?"

"None of it," I say, and proceed to tell her my whole story. I'm getting quite good at it. I mostly remain calm. I think that throws them. When I tell them that I can't get Customer Service to do this simple thing they can't offer me any solution.

"Is there no one I can talk to?"

"All we have is the Customer Service number, and the Corporate address."

Turns out that the corporate address is similar - but not the same - as the Complaints Department. Someone else to write to. A friend told me to write to the President; but how do I find his name and address?

I also explained that I was dealing with the Fraud Department. She thought I would have the most luck with the Fraud Department - and I agreed - though I explained that I still wanted to get a copy of those statements that I never got.


She just said "I understand," and wished me a good evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home