Thursday, September 07, 2006

Look Out! Politics

I didn't intend to get into politics on this blog, but I'm annoyed about this ABC 'docudrama' that is coming up called "Path to 9/11" Not only does it appear to be a 'fictionalized' account that was produced by people with a right-leaning agenda, but it's being aired on the fifth anniversary of this tragic event. In an election year.

I don't usually do this, but I sent an email to the local ABC affiliate (would have written, but figured it was too close to the air date to do much good anyway)

I'm concerned that you will be broadcasting “Path to 9/11” this so-called docudrama, that actually appears to be more of a fictional drama than anything else. Several people who are represented in the events have criticized the accuracy of the program (see reports in the New York Times and Washington Post.)
Screening the program even with a disclaimed[sic] that it is a ‘docudrama’ seems to be a major disservice to the viewing public. Particularly when screening it on the anniversary of the event.
This is not something I expect from your otherwise excellent station!


Am I just spitting in the wind?

Notice the suck-up comment about the station? Damn! just noticed a grammatical error! *sigh*

Still, Republicans got a movie about Reagan pulled a while back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home