Sunday, November 06, 2005

This Explains Something

Went and saw Good Night And Good Luck on Saturday night. It's a good movie; interesting camera work and editing; a lot of out of focus stuff that I couldn't tell if it was intentional, or part of the screening, or if my eyes were going.

That's not important.

I'd previously parked on the street. It was 6:14pm. I tried to read the tiny sign in the parking meter to see if the meters ran until 6 or 8pm (they run until 8pm in Boston, where I guess they are trying to get more money in parking tickets.) Since it was already dark, and the lighting was so poor, I couldn't read the damn thing. Asked a couple of people on the street; they had no idea. One person *thought* it was 6. No street sign explained the hours.

That's not important.

They had one of those slide shows at the beginning with ads and silly facts and questions. This is where I read:

At the age of 14 Tom Cruise joined a seminary, intending to become a priest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home