Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Bad Sandwich

Wild Oats (a supermarket chain) used to have these sandwich wraps which, though expensive, were pretty good. Now they have introduced 'Toasted Sandwiches.' Could this be in response to the introduction of Subway's toasted sandwiches??

I decided to try one today. There wasn't a lot of traffic at the counter. Actually just one other person (perhaps a sign?) and it took the woman behind the counter quite some time to make the thing...of course, a good part of that was toasting time. They obviously don't have high-speed ovens like Subway ;)

Also, she had to walk back to the kitchen (about 50 feet) to toast it, come back while it was toasting, then walk back to get the sandwich. Efficiency ain't the watch word here.

I got a Rustico Romano Chicken Sandwich. $6.99 plus tax.

It was worse than the Subway Parmesan Sandwich...

Firstly, by the time I got back to the office (about a five minute walk) part of the chicken was cold. Not warm, but cold, leading me to suspect it was never hot in the first place. This might be explained by the fact that it was a pretty big hunk of chicken. It was breaded. It was a little dry (or maybe the combination was.) All in all, it was less than appetizing.

I put it in the microwave and tried to bring it back to life. Warmed up it was a little better, but not a whole lot better. It kind of felt like I was eating a left-over sandwich.

Don't think I'll be getting this again.

That fact that I wrote about this (and even took a picture of the sandwich) just goes to show how dull my day is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home