Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Story So Far

Back in December someone stole my identity and charged some things to my CitiBank card. You're probably thinking this is a story about being unable to get these fraudulent transactions removed, but no, this is a story about a company that for over six months was unable to simply document the charges to the account - have it's computers send copies of the statements from that period - never mind removing them.

During this time I've had some wonderful Alice-in-Wonderland like conversations with people, my favorite being the Customer Service Supervisor who was adamant that they had done their part because the computer system said so. When I asked if she was saying that computers never made mistakes she told me "No, but they are always right." Another time I was told that a computer system change in June was responsible for the problem, and this change was also blamed for the removal of some notes attached to my account at the Fraud Department.

Things are moving forward however. Just this weekend CitiBank went and did some things and now my account is in credit for $2,000. That's also wrong, but at least Collections isn't calling me.

Out of frustration, I made an ad parody of those CitiBank fraud ads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home